Learning, Fun, Friends
If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
Whiteheath has an inclusive admissions policy that applies to all children and families. We are an oversubscribed school and are full at present with no spaces available. All admissions to the Infant School are the responsibility of Hillingdon Local Authority.
Our current admissions number is 90 children per year which are organised into three classes in year groups. Intakes are monitored very carefully across age and gender groupings to the best educational benefit of the children. If more applications are made than spaces are available, places will be offered using the published admissions criteria for community schools which is detailed below:
1. A looked after child (as defined in the Children Act 1989) or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption residence, or a special guardianship order.
2. Children attending the infant school are given priority for admission to the junior school (this applies to junior school applications only).
3. Children who suffer from a long term medical or psychological condition, which makes it necessary for them to attend a particular school. Applications must be accompanied by medical evidence from a GP or Hospital Consultant. Children who have a member of the immediate family who suffer from a long term medical or psychological condition which makes it necessary for them to attend a particular school. Applications must be accompanied by medical evidence from a GP or Hospital Consultant.
4. Children who have a sibling living in the same household who currently attend the full time school (not the nursery) and will continue to do so on the date of admission. Linked infant and junior schools are considered to be the same school for this criterion. A sibling refers to a brother or sister, half brother or sister with one parent in common, adopted brother or sister.
5. Children living nearest the school. Distance will be measured in a straight line from the point set by Ordnance Survey at the child’s home address and the preferred school using a computerised mapping system .
The distance criteria as set out by the local authority for a 3 form entry school is 1000 meters.
For full and most up to date information, parents should use the link to the Local Authorities Admissions Team at http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/7632/Schools-and-learning
Tours of the School Prospective parents and children are welcome to visit Whiteheath Infant & Nursery School. Please follow the below link for more information on how to book a place for one of our tours.
Places in nursery are dealt with directly by the school using the same criteria as for admissions to the Infant School as detailed above. You should apply directly to the school either by contacting the school secretary on 01895 630 262 or by downloading the Nursery Application Form.
Children generally start Nursery in the September after their 3rd birthday and will be offered either Thirty Hour provision (if eligible), five morning places a week or five afternoon places a week. We accept applications for the Nursery when your child is over the age of two.
30 Hours - 8.45am to 2.45pm
AM - 8.45am to 11.45am
PM - 12.25pm to 3.25pm
Within our Nursery admission’s, we provide a number of 30 hour places. We ask that at the time of your initial nursery application you indicate that this facility is of interest to you. When nursery place offers are made, we offer 30 hour places first, whilst keeping in line with the Hillingdon borough’s criteria. Parents need to prove their eligibility for this provision by applying for a specific code via the government’s website.
In the first instance, we will:
Offer places of 30 hours free entitlement with an option to pay for extended hours from 2.45pm to 3.25pm to keep in line with the normal school end of day timings and 3.25pm to 5.30pm in our Cygnets - Nursery Afterschool club.
Expect that all the 30 hours will be taken at Whiteheath Nursery.
Provide snacks and drinks but expect families to provide a packed lunch (30 Hour places only)
If a child is offered a 30 hour place and the eligibility code is not received within an agreed timescale the place will be withdrawn and offered to the next family on our waiting list
Any remaining places will be offered to AM and PM requested places
A place in the Nursery does not guarantee a place in the Infant School.
Parents of children in the Nursery MUST apply for an infant school place
through their Local Authority.
Nursery Application Form
Please complete and return to the main School Reception
Please follow the below link to our 'Forms' page