All our children transfer automatically to Whiteheath Junior School. We work closely with the Junior School to ensure curriculum continuity and the best education for your child.
Whiteheath Junior School have implemented a Ten Point Transition Programme, which highlights the transition process from April to October.
- Welcoming letter and newletter issued
- School brochure containing up-to-date information and section for children issued
- Year 2 transfer meeting for parents. At this meeting you will also be given an opportunity to join in a tour of the school as well as purchase items of school uniform and 'house' coloured bags and folders
- Buddy visits from Year 5 children to Infant School
- Open Exhibition event, providing an opportunity for you to visit the school and especially the Year 3 teaching area
- Prospective Year 3 teachers and teaching assistants visit Infant School to exchange relevant information and to meet the children
- Year 2 children spend part of the morning session at the Junior School
- Opportunity to meet your child's new class teacher
- Open evening
- 'Welcoming' class assembly
For further information please contact the Junior School at:
Whiteheath Junior School
Tel: 01895 634964