Parental/Carer involvement in school life is actively encouraged and welcomed.
We believe the education of children is a partnership between home and school. We encourage and welcome parental/carer support in all aspects of school life. To strengthen this partnership we ask all parents/carers to sign a Home School Agreement.
Parents/carers are always welcome in school. If you wish to see your child’s class teacher or the Headteacher please contact them as soon as possible and arrange a meeting.
Friends of Whiteheath Infants School Association (WISA)
We have a friendly and very supportive parent teacher association (WISA) that meets regularly to plan a variety of social, fund raising and educational events for parents/carers, children and staff of the school. All parents of children at the school are automatically members.
Our Governing Body is made up of school representatives and people drawn from the community. Members are appointed for a term of four years.
The Governing Body is responsible for:
- the general conduct of the school
- ensuring the school follows the national curriculum
- setting and monitoring the school budget
- the selection and retention of staff
- communication with parents/carers
- the use of school premises outside normal school hours.